Monday, August 20, 2007

highway of nowhere

Have you ever been stranded in the highway, in the middle of nowhere? Well, I have.

Last Sunday, I tagged along with a friend to Teluk Intan to deliver some goods to his dealer. The warning sign for fuel started flashing right after we hit the highway. I was horrified. My friend kept his cool. Telling me that the fuel is good enough to last us till we hit the next petrol station. I didn't believe him. I think he was simply pushing his luck but I had no choice. He was the one driving. Arghhh.

We were only 10km away from the next exit. The car's engine suddenly stop running and the car stalled. Oh my god. There we were. Stranded in the highway of nowhere.

We pulled off the road. My friend walked to get the number to call for highway petrol while I waited in the car. Damn it. So many cars drove passed and I felt like a monkey in the zoo. 'Cause everyone stared when they drove passed. Arghhh arghh...

We were told that the highway petrol will get here in 30 minutes time. To our delight, they arrived in less than 10 minutes. Filled up some petrol for the car and off we go. Hey, I'm really impressed with their efficiency. Finally, there is something in Malaysia that I can be proud of. Kudos to the highway petrol!

There you go. Another one of my 'first' to be added to my list.

No comments: