Thursday, December 18, 2008

december 8th

Okay. It was my birthday. Big deal *not*. Some of my friends forgot about it. Some of them were out of town on holidays. And this year, there's no special someone to celebrate with me, just like the previous year. So, it's just like any other ordinary day and I try not to even remember it's my birthday. After all, it's quite embarassing to celebrate birthday at my age. Birthday are for the younger generation or the old folks, like how kids have birthday parties at MacDonald's, the 20-something having booze party at clubs or older folks having birthday celebration on their 60th, 70th and 80th birthday at a restaurant. People my age, or rather for me, birthdays are to be kept low profile.

Until a friend offered to buy me dinner. The 3 of us went to Monte's at Bangsar Shopping Complex for a decent Western dinner. Escargots, grilled salmon fillet, pina colado, this is the menu for my birthday fix.

Afterwhich, a friend had to go to a birthday party, and asked us to join him. Guess where was the birthday party? CLUB DE VEGAS! For those that don't have a clue where that is, it's a ktv with hostess! Hahahaha... damn! It's men's heaven and women's hell! We went irregardless and I regretted the moment I stepped in.

It's actually a decent birthday party. My friend is a mutual trust agent. The agency manager was celebrating his girlfriend's birthday and invited everyone from his agency. They were drinking bottles and bottles of Cordon Bleu wishkey like nobody's business. And the service staff there, oh my... their service is fantabulous! The hostess, damn! they are young and pretty. No wonder men sees these places as their heaven... Now I know!

No birthday cake, no birthday wish, no birthday present. It's just like any other ordinary day.

1 comment:

Lena DIVA! said...

Hey, birthdays can be celebrated ay any age! If If it's up to me, I'd have birthday parties till I'm 80 LOL...if got money lah..